5 Reasons Google Chrome Sucks




I have been using Google Chrome since it's first launched and I couldn't deny how fast the loading mechanism it has in each and every tab. I have been using it every time that I want to perform my search or open any sites, however when it comes to blogging, I will still use Firefox. Not only that, I find that certain websites that I've tried to access (eg: online banking) do not recognized the browser as a valid one, thus it blocked me from accessing my page. *BUMMER*



Here, I would like to highlight a few missing stuff that Chrome doesn't have that hindered me on using the browser, which switch me back to Firefox, on and off.


[1] No ADD ONS
Yes, Chrome doesn't have any add-ons as all you may have know now after using it. I find it a trouble when I want to use my StumbleUpon add-on, as I got to switch back to Firefox Browser to do it. I am sure many of you have certain add-ons that you have been using religiously and you would love to have it in Chrome. I wonder when Chrome will have any add-ons development?


[2] Search engine (s)

Yes, search engineS. How to search for youtube.com in a drop down menu just like what Firefox has? It would be fun and easy to use if they have it.



[3] No HOME button
Well, did you guys see any HOME button lurking around? If yes, please guide me there!!!



[4] FIND function
I can't search without getting the correct information through it's FIND function whilst modifying my blogger template, thus I got to switch back to Firefox when doing it.


[5] DO you think Firefox is hotter?
Well, now I have 2 browsers on my desktop. Chrome for searching / browsing purpose while Firefox for using the add-ons and others. Firefox is still my default browser though. What about you? Which browser is your current default browser?







-=Comments=-

(Remember to use good blogging manners)

15 Responses to "5 Reasons Google Chrome Sucks"

Anonymous said... October 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Very true, I felt that it hangs sometimes.. Anyway the firefox girl is hotter =PP

ping said... October 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I strongly agree with what you said. But i still waiting for google to do something on chrome. Maybe we just need to wait ...

Demo jerr said... October 15, 2008 at 5:37 PM

chrome is still in beta stage... i like it because it's fast but unfortunately too many function unavailable yet. surprisingly chrome doesnt have "cut" button. luckily i know shortcut button Ctrl+X...

come comment my post too ^^

New Haven said... October 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM

ahmike: haha ~~ you found the girl hot yeah, not firefox eh?

4 a better w0r1d: perhaps we need to wait, i am crossing my fingers now, hopping for something good

slumberaja: ah yes..the wonder of shortcut key .... we are lucky to have that :D ...alright will comment on your post...

Anonymous said... October 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Found sth interesting related to chrome...

http://hackingtuts.com/category/google-chrome-cookbook/

Have a look...

Anonymous said... October 16, 2008 at 2:18 AM

1. I've heard rumours they started to implement basic GreaseMonkey functionality in Chromium code. And for now: http://blogote.com/2008/ideas/browser-ideas/how-to-install-greasemonkeys-script-on-google-chrome.html

2. Go to youtube.com -> Click on `wrench' button -> Options -> Basic -> Manage SearchEngines. You'll find there YouTube search - simply make it default SE temporarily. It'll stay on your SE list for ever. Customize it (i.e. add shortcut); just type the shortcut in Omnibox followed by Tab to search.

3. http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95314

5. There is NO default browser on my desktop. Cooperative mode will work always better than kill'em all mode `(|;-)

New Haven said... October 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM

anonymous: yes very interesting indeed :D

New Haven said... October 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM

anonymous: wow , a great way to find out on how to default the SE through youtube.

thanks, i am sure this will help others a lot :)

Anonymous said... October 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM

omg im doing exactly the same. firefox for the RSS feed bar and chrome for browsing and visiting most visited sites

New Haven said... October 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM

tingtitlei: XD welcome to the crowd

Raz said... October 26, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Have you tried the ATT POGO browser?

http://www.pogobrowser.com/beta.php

Wolf the Raccoon said... November 1, 2008 at 1:36 AM

I don't understand the Chrome hype. Yeah, it's pretty fast, I'll give it that. But that's about all. I can't customize it, it looks ugly, the user interface is TOO minimalistic. I don't get why they're trying to reinvent the wheel. Why do I suddenly need this "incognito" thing?

I'm a big fan of trying out new browsers, but Chrome simply has not impressed me.

New Haven said... November 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM

Raz: no not yet, but will do it once I get some free time :D thanks for sharing


Wolf the Raccoon: everyone is into the Google-hype I guess. Wanting to try new stuff and checking out what Google has. I believe Google did quite a good job on the loading mechanism, however they have got to improve on other stuff to fight with other browser...

yeah?

Chyan said... December 15, 2008 at 12:07 PM

What's with all the fuss bout google Chrome. It sucks for me too. :)

it just doesn't feel and operate right. Firefox all thw way.

Anonymous said... March 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Yeah for Firefox! Google has a home button, its just that you have to set it in the options. Anyway it also sucks for me too. =)
I uninstalled it after 25 minutes of using.

TAG CLOUD

Welcome CHATTERS


ShoutMix chat widget